There is a remedy if your Acer laptop will not restart. Indeed, there are four distinct methods for resetting your Acer laptop to Windows or Linux. Continue reading if you wish to acquire them.
Computers are machines, and like other machines, they occasionally slow down for various reasons. You may be having the same issue right now with your Acer laptop. You’ll need to perform a proper factory reset before you can use it again. Now the question is how to accomplish this. This is precisely the subject of this article.
Here are four straightforward methods for doing a factory reset on your Acer laptop running Windows 7, 8, or 10. These are excellent options if you’ve forgotten your password and want to prevent having to reset your laptop by inquiring about it.
What to do before performing a hard reset on your Acer laptop.
Without taking this precaution, you should not simply restart your Acer laptop. Generally, before factory resetting your laptop, whether it is an Acer or another brand, you should back up all your files and data, especially those that you cannot afford to lose. This cannot be true There are tools available online for this purpose; however, you should choose one that has positive evaluations and is recommended. This will ensure that you do not lose any critical files after wiping your laptop clean.
How To Perform Acer Laptop Factory Reset Using Alt + F10 At Startup
If your Acer laptop is unable to start normally due to a fault, you can perform a factory reset using the Windows Recovery Environment. To accomplish this, simply follow these steps:
- Hold down the Acer laptop’s power button for approximately 5 seconds before releasing it.
- Restart the laptop and immediately hit the “Alt” and “F10” keys simultaneously after the Acer logo shows on the screen.
- After a little period of time, you will be directed to the “Select an Option” screen. “Troubleshoot” should be your selection.
- Select “Reset your PC” in Windows 8, whereas “Reset this PC” is the choice in Windows 10.
- Choose “Delete All”
- Now, select “Reset” to initiate the factory reset process for your Acer laptop.
- After a while, wait for the process to complete.
- Once the process is complete, you can configure your Acer laptop by following the on-screen directions.
For Acer laptops powered by Windows 7 and equipped with Acer eRecovery Management:
- Select “Restore” after restarting and pressing “Alt” + “F10”.
- You will be presented with the following options: “Reinstall drivers or applications,” “Restore the system to factory defaults completely,” and “Restore the operating system while retaining user data.”
- The on-screen instructions will walk you through the process of restoring your computer.
How to perform a factory reset on an Acer laptop via the Acer Care Center
The first method is to do a factory reset using the Acer Care Center on your Acer laptop. Acer Care Center enables you to backup and restore system files, as well as network settings and drivers. Therefore, verify that Acer Care Center is installed on your laptop and then proceed with the instructions below to reset it to factory settings:
- Navigate to the search box on your Acer laptop and type “Recovery.” Select “Acer Recovery Management” from the list of available options.
- “Recovery Management” should be selected.
- You will be directed to the Acer Care Center, where you must pick “Start,” followed by the option to “Reset your PC.”
- Decide to “delete everything,” even if you have no idea what this means.
- Select either “Delete Files and Clean Drive” or “Just Delete My Files” depending on your needs for your laptop.
- At the bottom of the window, tap the “Reset” button.
- Now, follow the on-screen directions until the reset is complete.
How To Perform Acer Laptop Factory Reset Using An Installation Or Repair Disk
A third method of restoring factory settings to your Acer laptop is to utilize an installation or repair DVD. If you do not have a repair or setup disc, you must download a Windows ISO file and use a CD / DVD or USB flash drive to create one. After that, conduct a factory reset (for example, using Windows 10) by following the procedures below:
- To begin, insert the repair / installation disc into your Acer laptop. Now, boot your laptop from the disc.
- Your screen will initially display the installation screen. At the bottom right corner of the screen, click the “Next” button.
- Select “Repair your computer” in the bottom left corner of the next screen that appears.
- “Troubleshoot” should be selected.
- Select “Reset this computer” once again.
- You will have two options when it comes to selecting the sort of reset you choose. As mentioned in the settings, if you pick “Keep my files,” certain files, as well as your password, will be preserved. This is not the best solution if you’ve forgotten your password. However, because you are resetting your account using a technique that does not require your forgotten password, you should choose “Delete Everything.”
- Select your operating system.
- Select which disc you wish to delete in the next window option: “All drivers” or “Only the drive where Windows is installed.”
- The following box will give you two options: “Delete my data alone” or “Clean the drive fully.” The first choice retains your PC, but the second recycles it.
- Select the “Reset” tab, as all that is required is a factory reset.
What to do if you lose critical data during an Acer laptop reset.
You may have lost some critical data after resetting your Acer laptop, either because you forgot to back up your information or because you chose the default option, which deleted everything from your system. It is still possible to retrieve your deleted files. This is due to the fact that Recoverit Data Recovery can assist you in recovering data. Recoverit Data Recovery is compatible with Mac and Windows operating systems. Additionally, this utility can retrieve files in a variety of file formats, including audio, compressed files, movies, documents, and photos.
You can recover data from formatted systems, wrecked systems, corrupted drives, recycled bins, and hard drives with Recoverit.
After learning about the tool, download and install it on your Acer laptop. The following steps will assist you in recovering your deleted data:
Step 1: Determine the location.
Choose the place in which you wish to recover your deleted files. Following that, scroll to the far right of the screen and click “Start” to initiate the scanning process.
Step 2: Scanning the location.
Recoverit will now scan the place you selected in order to recover all missing data. The file’s path and type will be displayed as it is recovered for your inspection.
Step 3: Examine and extract movies and photographs.
Finally, preview all recovered files on the interface to check that you have recovered all necessary data. Please keep in mind that while Recoverit is a powerful programme that ensures that all your files are recovered intact, the preview is really a formality. Now, select “Recover” to save the recovered data. Observe? The procedure is straightforward!
Resetting your Acer laptop, particularly without a password, entails following the procedures mentioned in this article. You may attest that they are pretty simple to follow. Therefore, go ahead and reset your Acer laptop; however, keep in mind that you may recover all your contents afterwards with Recoverit Data Recovery.