How to connect AirPods to a hp laptop. We are accustomed to the ecosystem offered by Apple. The Apple Watch needs an iPhone to work. Apple TV, without any other brand product, remains lame. AirPods are an exception.
The company’s wireless Bluetooth headphones are just that, headphones. Although they have a w1 chip that improves communication between Apple devices, that doesn’t mean they can’t be used with other devices. For example, they are compatible with Android smartphones and PC computers. If you have a Windows 10 laptop or desktop, we’ll show you how to use AirPods with it.
This is how AirPods connect to Windows 10 computers.
Connecting Apple headphones to a Windows 10 computer is easy. However, there is a downside, and that is that whenever you want to use them, you have to manually reconnect them. This is not the case with the rest of the company’s equipment.
- We open the settings.
- We go to the devices.
- We click on Bluetooth and other devices in the sidebar.
- We connect it.
- To add a new device we click Add Bluetooth or another device.
- AirPods will appear in the list.
Don’t Bluetooth on your computer? No problem
Most laptops have Bluetooth connectivity, but in the case of desktops, it is more complex. Some do not even have a Wi-Fi connection. The solution is in the USB adapter.
We can get a USB Bluetooth adapter for very little money to add this connection to any computer. There are different brands and prices, but it is better to run it safely and choose one like ASUS, which is available on Amazon for. 14.99.
This adapter will not only work for AirPods but also other accessories like keyboards and mice, smartphones, speakers, etc. can be connected.
What are AirPods
The trend of removing cables from all technology products led to the release of Apple’s all-wireless Bluetooth headphones: AirPods. Launched the first version in December 2016, there are three latest-generation models available in the market today: “Normal” version, AirPods 3, with redesign, H1 chip, and “Hey Siri” function, AirPods Pro, with water. Resistance and noise cancellation and AirPods Max, headband, and high quality.
Part of AirPods’ focus on accessories similar to those of other manufacturers is the H1 chip in particular, which allows connectivity between Apple devices to become much faster and more stable. However, AirPods are still Bluetooth headphones, so they are compatible with smartphones and tablets with the Android operating system, as well as Windows PCs.
In this post we are going to show in detail how to pair AirPods with Windows computers in any version of it. For this, we are going to use one with Windows 10, although this method should also work with computers that have Windows 11 and Linux partitions.
Connecting AirPods to a Windows computer
- With the lid open and the AirPods inside, there is a button on the back of the AirPods case (where the hinge is). By holding it down, the LED will turn white and start flashing. This means that it has entered a mode that allows it to be paired with other devices.
- From Windows Computer, we go to Settings> Devices. At the top we will find a button with a “+” sign to add text to Bluetooth or any other device. We click
- Many options will appear, but we are interested in the first: Bluetooth (mouse, keyboard, pencil, or audio and other Bluetooth devices).
- All devices that are within range of your device’s Bluetooth receiver will appear on this screen. AirPods should appear with the name with which we configured them from our iPhone. Something like “Jesus AirPods”.
After pairing them, we just need to click on them in the Bluetooth configuration menu, under the audio section, to connect them to the computer whenever we need. It’s a simple procedure that will allow us to use Apple headphones on all of our devices, regardless of their manufacturer.
How to connect your AirPods to Mac.
If you have some AirPods, then of course you know how to use them on Mac. However, if you purchased them under Telecom’s responsibility, we’ll explain that to you.
First of all, some of the warnings shown in the Apple Help service: If you have AirPods-2nd generation, make sure your Mac is running MacOS Mojave 10.14.4 or later. AirPods Pro requires macOS Catalina 10.15.1 or later.
If you’ve set up AirPods with iPhone and signed in to iCloud on Mac with the same Apple ID, you may already be able to use AirPods directly. Hold your AirPods to your ears and click Bluetooth Menu or Volume Control in the Mac menu bar, then select your AirPods from the list.
If you do not see AirPods in the Bluetooth or volume control menu, follow these instructions:
- On Mac, select System Preferences from the Apple menu, then click Bluetooth.
- Make sure Bluetooth is on.
- Place the air pods in the charging case and open the cover.
- Press and hold the setup button on the back of the case until the status light turns white.
- Select AirPods in the ‘Devices’ list, then click ‘Connect’.
From a personal point of view, AirPods are probably one of the best devices released by Apple so far. Its ease of use, its comfort and its tremendous autonomy allow us to enjoy or call music, podcasts anytime, anywhere. And what most people don’t know yet is that AirPods are compatible with any Bluetooth device. So if you don’t have a Mac, you can use it on your Windows computer.